LNG Shipping & Offshore - VP role
Description of the Business Line or Department
GLBA/AFI/MER originates senior secured lending opportunities on new or modern vessels for new and existing clients in accordance with the approved guidelines (regarding client quality, transaction structure, loan maturity etc), and provides financial advisory and debt arranging services to key clients in relation to the debt financing of liquefied natural gas vessels (LNG), floating production storage and off-loading vessels (FPSO) and other industrial shipping classes (as well as selective passenger vessels) on a project specific basis.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Build and manage client relationships with MER target borrowers on a global basis within LNG Shipping and the Offshore sector
- Identify and address clients’ needs in terms of raising and managing capital
- Represent MER in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
Summary of responsibilities
- To effectively cover clients to address their borrowing needs in markets
- Originating, executing or advising on LNG shipping and offshore transactions.
- Client interaction, pitches and presentations
- Negotiating term sheets and loan documentation
- Liaising with banks and consultants/advisors
- To contribute to developing and maintaining a track record of winning mandates in addressing clients’ borrowing needs
- Seek innovative proposals or structuring solutions to develop the team’s client offering.
- Lead discussions with clients on specific projects; extensive foreign travel required.
- Develop opportunities for non-banking investors in debt and equity within our structured client solutions.
- To contribute to the effective and responsible execution of mandates
- Dealing with internal stakeholders (legal, insurance, middle office, syndication, IFD, KYC etc)
- Monitoring performance of loan portfolio and addressing waivers, annual reviews etc
- Develop junior members of the team to be autonomous in execution.
- To support the development of advisory and product offering in line with MER’s strategy and priorities
- Analyse risk and risk mitigation and play an active part in the credit process on individual transactions.
- Ongoing cooperation with other GLBA business lines including Export Finance, Structured Solutions & - -Leasing, Natural Resources, Interest Rate Derivatives etc re cross-selling opportunities involving vessel financing.
- Ongoing cooperation and interaction with Syndication divisions (SYN and ABP) re banking and institutional investor markets on general basis and in relation to specific transactions.
- Represent the business line internally and the bank externally amongst clients, other financial institutions, the legal profession and other market counterparties to promote the shipping and offshore business of the bank.
- Ongoing discussion with GLBA Coverage officers re new and existing transactions for clients of the bank.
- To develop the MER client base in line with GLBA’s and SG Group’s strategy and priorities
- Actively target business in accordance with CORISQ Guidelines and the set strategy – raising the team’s profile with with clients, prospects, banks and market counterparties.
- Develop sustainable revenue growth and client base on global basis in line with CORISQ guidelines relating to counterparty risk, transaction structure, loan maturity etc.
- To represent MER in internal dialogues with colleagues to provide best-in-class advisory to the client base
- Proactively generate cross sell with other business lines within GLBA and MARK.
- Liaise with internal teams to optimize process and cooperation - Compliance / Legal / OPER, RISQ, etc.
Please list all key external contacts
Core LNG Shipping and Offshore sector clients and prospects
Other shipping and Offshore sector banks (whilst respecting anti-competitive behavior rules)
Market counterparties e.g. lawyers, shipping brokers, shipping economists, technical advisors, insurers etc
Understanding of the loan market, its dynamics and the related instruments, including credit and rates derivatives to propose relevant financing solutions
Capacity to generate pitch material that is clear, structured, compelling, and comprehensive in addressing clients’ needs
Responsibility – capacity to understand and manage risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for AFI, GLBA, and SG Group, and act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
Client orientation – ability to build and maintain trusted client relationships in a lead role
Client orientation – commercial acumen and persistence in addressing clients’ needs
Client orientation – demonstrate proactive approach to develop business adapted to clients’ and markets’ needs
Innovation – ability to develop new client base, advisory, and products in line with SG Group priorities and strategies
Team spirit – experience of working with people with diverse, international backgrounds and leading teams, where appropriate
Commitment – ability to manage self and juniors in prioritising tasks and managing competing deadlines
Communication skills – including language skills (as relevant); ability to deliver coherent messages to team members
WHY JOIN US
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.